Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
As a person of colour and a person with an indigenous heritage, we are building Headstart Homeschooling as an organisation fully and wholly committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
This is what we’re doing on that front, so far…
- We offer at least 2 sponsored (no fees) places in each class, course and bootcamp scheduled in our timetable to families in marginalised, under-represented and people who are routinely discriminated against.
- We encourage a Buy One / Gift One approach for privileged families who are able to ‘pay it forward’ to a less-privileged family.
- We maintain a dedicated Equity Fund to provide our one-to-one support services to less-privileged families.
- We are consciously and actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team.
Support Our Efforts
If you’d like to support our diversity, inclusion and equity efforts, you can do so in the following ways:
- Forward this page to a family who may need support but is perhaps unable to fund it themselves; invite them to apply below.
- If you’d like to Buy One / Gift One, please ensure you use the Buy One / Gift One payment buttons you’ll see throughout the website.
- Make a donation to our Equity Fund to help support our work with families who need it.
Apply For A Sponsored Place
- You are Black, non-white, a person of color and/or have indigenous heritage.
- You belong to an under-represented group, including but not limited to:
- Single parents
- Handicapped/Disabled people
- You are on a low income.
Spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis and you’ll be added to a waiting list and/or scheduled on the next available date.
Donate To Our Equity Fund
To make a donation to Headstart Homeschooling’s Equity Fund – which we will use to fund more of one-to-one support services for under-privileged families – click here to make a donation via PayPal (card payments also accepted).