Led by Jenn Sutherland-Miller, this is an online training Bootcamp for parents and other supportive adults to dive deep into how to create a world class education for your children, outside of the classroom.
During The Bootcamp, We…
- Examine what REALLY MATTERS in terms of what you should “teach” and how to know if your kid is “getting it.”
- Explore methods, tools and options for kids with alternative learning styles and needs.
- Talk about multi-level teaching and how to juggle a 5 year old learning to read alongside one in high school.
- Examine ways to maximize learning wherever you are and how to use local communities for the educational benefit of your kids.
- Explore why we shouldn’t really care what the public schools are teaching and whether we are “keeping up.”
- Look specifically at high school and how to cover the bases for kids as they move towards higher education
- Understand options for university entrance and how to get around standardized testing.
- Learn how to position and leverage your child’s time OUT of the system as their greatest asset.
Who This Is For…
- Parents who are considering homeschooling because the school restrictions for next year due to COVID-19 seem unmanageable.
- Parents who have considered homeschooling in the past but haven’t quite made the leap.
- Parents who recognise the shortcomings in traditional education and want to add to their kids’ educations at home, even though they’re still attending school.
- Supportive adults (grandparents, childcare givers, older siblings, bonus parents & community members) who want to understand and perhaps participate in the unique education of a child they love.
- Alternative educators such as forest school practitioners, adults wanting to run homeschool activities and more.
- Anyone looking to expand their concept of education and be part of the change for the next generation.
What Bootcampers Have Said…
Thank you for everything! You have created an incredible program and teed everything up for us. The bootcamp exceeded my expectations.
The idea of a two-day online seminar seemed daunting to me but once I was in, I was hanging on every word. It was so informative.
The bootcamp was amazing. It totally transformed how I manage the day with my four kids. Thank you for helping me through this crazy time!
Your bootcamp and one on one expertise in building our curriculum for the year was invaluable. As a first timer in the homeschooling world there’s an overwhelming amount of information out there and you simply don’t know where to start.
Headstart Homeschooling not only provided me with the assurance I needed to take on this adventure, but the detailed information to get started.
By the end of my last session I felt empowered to take on the role of educator and confident that this will be one of our best learning years yet! Thank you for giving our family this irreplaceable gift!
Join A Live Bootcamp
- Each bootcamp last for 5 hours, typically split over a weekend.
- Group sizes are between 5 and 15 people.
- Live Bootcamp fees are $200 (c. £150) per person.
Next Scheduled Bootcamp:
September 12th, 2020 (Saturday) @ 12pm – 2.30pm EDT / 5pm – 7.30pm BST AND September 13th (Sunday) @ 12pm – 2.30pm EDT / 5pm – 7.30pm BST.
Get The Digital Bootcamp
- Access edited recordings of a live Bootcamp session (Days 1 & 2).
- Watch online or download & watch them at your convenience.
- Digital Bootcamp fees are $125 (c. £95) per person.
Need financial support?
If you cannot afford these fees but need the support for your family, please apply for sponsored (free) access to the Live or Digital Bootcamp here.
Book Your Bootcamp Place
Before booking your place, please ensure you read and agree to the following terms for participating in a Bootcamp:
1. All fees for a Live or Digital Bootcamp are non-refundable. However, if you are unable to attend a Live Bootcamp for any reason and notify us within seven days of the scheduled start for the Live Bootcamp, we will offer you an alternative date to attend.
2. There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel or reschedule a Live Bootcamp. In such circumstances, we will provide you with the option of a full refund or attendance at another scheduled Bootcamp.
3. If you act in any way which, in our opinion, is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Live Bootcamp, you will be required to leave the Bootcamp immediately and we shall not be liable to refund your fee or any other payment.
4. You agree to respect and protect all Live and Digital Bootcamp participants’ privacy and any confidential information shared with you at all times, whether you attend a Live Bootcamp or watch the Digital Bootcamp.
5. The copyright for any materials used at the Live & Digital Bootcamps (including notes, slides, brochures, articles and case studies) belongs to Headstart Homeschooling and may not be reproduced in any medium or shared without our prior written consent.
6. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials that we use in the Live and Digital Bootcamps.
7. You must keep all information discussed in the Live and Digital Bootcamps strictly confidential at all times.
8. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content or material used in the Live and Digital Bootcamps for the purposes for which the Bootcamp was provided only.
9. You may not, without our prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings or take photographs of all or any part of a Live or Digital Bootcamp. However you agree that we may take photographs or film the Live Bootcamp for any purpose, including promotional purposes.
10. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Secure Your Bootcamp Place
Live Bootcamp fee: $200 (c. £150) per person.
Access The Digital Bootcamp
Digital Bootcamp fee: $125 (c. £95) per person.
Book Your Live Bootcamp Place:
Access The Digital Bootcamp Now: