Why Headstart Homeschooling?
The realities faced by families during the COVID-19 pandemic – of being forced to homeschool, while also working from home, in the midst of such long term uncertainty and the prospect of sending children back wearing face masks, keeping their distance from friends and peers – is a unique and stressful situation.
Parents who have never before even considered homeschooling are now faced with taking on the monumental task of educating their children at home for an indefinite amount of time. It’s overwhelming, anxiety-inducing and we have heard the same fears being expressed by parents everywhere:
- “What will we actually do with our kids for the time they’re off school?”
- “I’m not sure I want my children returning to school while things are as they are.”
- “How on earth can I ‘teach’ my kids? – I’m not a teacher, I have no teaching qualifications, wtf?!”
- “What if they fall behind? What if they then can’t pass their exams because they’re so far behind?”
- “How on earth am I going to stay patient & not lose my rag with them every few minutes if we’re stuck inside all the time?”
- “They don’t ever listen to me. How on earth are they going to learn anything if they’re at home with me indefinitely?”
This is your fear and panic talking. You’ve got this. Your kids have got this. We’ve got this. And we are here to help you all the way through until you’ve got this for yourself and your kids (or the kids go back to school!).
Who We Are
Lea Jovy has been at the forefront of the location independent/digital nomad movement since 2006 and has helped thousands of people become location independent and create a lifestyle based upon freedom. She has home educated her two children from the beginning.
Lea is a strategist by nature, and with extensive coaching and mentoring skills focuses on helping people find their own way of doing the things that work best for them.
Jenn Sutherland-Miller has over 20 years of experience supporting families in developing world class educations for their children outside the four walls of a classroom.
In addition to successfully homeschooling her own four children, from birth to university entrance while traveling the world, full time, for over a decade, Jenn has a degree in education and has worked with hundreds of families as a consultant and educational coach.
If you’d like to get in touch with us, please use the form below.